Sudden Character Stupidity Syndrome is the term used to describe when a relatively competent character in a Tiradesverse movie does something wholly ridiculous and moronic because it is the only way to move the "plot" forward. On rare occasions, this can be mutually inclusive with the pointless heel turn.
Examples in the TiradesverseEdit
- Batman multiple times in Batman Returns
- Julie Winston in Masters of Universe (though, admittedly, it is very generous to describe her as "competent")
- Sentinel Prime in Transformers: Dark of the Moon
- Shane in Torque
- Rayne in Bloodrayne
- Juliet Bello in A Talking Pony!?!
- Duncan in Highlander: The Source
- Multiple examples in The Happening
- Tangerine in The Garbage Pail Kids Movie