Captain Planet and the Planeteers is a cartoon show/propaganda machine created by Turner Broadcasting that ran from 1990-1996. It is James' most hated cartoon of all time.
It is typically referenced anytime there is an analogue needed for melodramatically cheesy and/or nauseatingly environmentally conscious characters, as well as ridiculously over-the-top, evil, rich villains in Tiradesverse films.
- How it lasted seven seasons is one of the greatest mysteries of television of the last 30 years
- This show's villains just like to make huge fuck-off messes, in lieu of getting money or power or anything else worth a damn. To what end? What, exactly, does polluting everything do for them???
- Captain Planet's greatest power is the power of endless, insufferable puns
- When they weren't cramming starchild ultra-environmentalist bullshit down our throats, they actually tried to do PSA episodes about AIDS, DRUGS, GANG WARFARE, AND RELIGIOUS WARFARE
- No, seriously, one episode was actually titled, "If It's Doomsday, It Must Be Belfast"
- Not surprisingly, they treated these issues as cartoonishly as humanly possible and totally undermined anything they might have been trying to accomplish
- They also did a couple about population control that had PSAs at the end telling small children to try not to get pregnant a lot
- One episode also had Captain Planet go back in time to fight Hitler
- This show is where the Power of Heart originated